Beer Battered Tempeh with dip
( Serves 2)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Tempeh 200 grams/ml
- Beer 200 grams/ml
- Plain flour 100 grams/ml
- Baking powder 5 grams/ml
- Wheat bread and rolls 75 grams/ml
- Rapeseed (Oil) 100 grams/ml
- Soy sauce 15 grams/ml
- Hoisin 15 grams/ml
- Gochujang 5 grams/ml
- Slice your Tempeh into 1 cm slices.
- Mix your beer with the flour and baking powder, stir until smooth.
- Dip in the Tempeh slice into the beer batter coating it, then dip into the breadcrumbs (get a good covering). Repeat this process.
- Fry your oil on high. drop a bit of battering to see if the oil is hot enough.
- Drop in your tempeh slices (stagger if not enough space, as will lower the heat).
- Cook on each side for 3 minutes (or brown) then remove on too a kitchen towel.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and serve
- We used a Toast beer for this (vegan and waste-reducing).