Fresh tomato butter beans
( Serves 2)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Tomatoes 250 grams/ml
- Lima/butter bean 240 grams/ml
- Olive oil 30 grams/ml
- Garlic 10 grams/ml
- Basil, herb 5 grams/ml
- Chilli (pepper) 30 grams/ml
- Add half the oil to a large, deep frying pan.
- When hot add the crushed garlic and half a chilli or a tsp of chilli flakes.
- Fry for a minute then add the fresh tomatoes whole (with a prick in the flesh or cut in half.
- Cook those for 5- 10 minutes and until the soften and add some basil.
- When the tomatoes are soft enough press down with them to flatten and squeeze the juice out.
- Add a little bit of water and then simmer.
- Add you butter beans and season again.
- Leave the butter beans to cook for 5 minutes and then squish a few so that they absorb the sauce.
- Plate with fresh basil and some extra olive oil.
- Chilli flakes can be used instead of fresh basil.
- Serve on Toast