( Serves 5)
Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Lentils 350 grams/ml
- Pasta 500 grams/ml
- Tomatoes 150 grams/ml
- Wine 175 grams/ml
- Margarine 20 grams/ml
- Olive oil 30 grams/ml
- Rosemary, herb 5 grams/ml
- Bay leaves 5 grams/ml
- Stock 20 grams/ml
- Celery 80 grams/ml
- Carrots 70 grams/ml
- Garlic 5 grams/ml
- Soymilk 30 grams/ml
- Add olive oil and margarine to a deep casserole dish.
- Add your chopped onion, carrots, garlic and celery, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add your lentils and stir for a couple minutes, then add the wine. Let the wine boil away.
- Pour in a your veg stock (500-750ml, you may need more).
- Add the passata (and a teaspoon of marmite for flavour) and the herbs, and season.
- Then simmer, stirring occasionally. The lentils should go soft.
- Pour in the soy milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add a spoonful of pasta water and season to taste.
- Use dry lentils and passata for the tomatoes.
- 2 Fresh rosemary sprigs and 2 bayleaves.