Mushroom and pea risotto
( Serves 4)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Rice 300 grams/ml
- Mushrooms 500 grams/ml
- Peas 250 grams/ml
- Onion 120 grams/ml
- Wine 175 grams/ml
- Garlic 5 grams/ml
- Olive oil 30 grams/ml
- Stock 30 grams/ml
- Get a nice, deep dish and pour in the Olive oil.
- Fry your mushrooms, and once cooked take them out and leave to the side.
- Add your onion, finely chopped, and sweat for 5 minutes (until softened).
- Chuck in the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Get your lovely arborio rice and add it to the pan, stir until translucent (be gentle with it).
- Pour in your wine and let it bubble away until gone.
- Now add some of your stock and stir. You got to stir very regularly.
- When it looks low add a bit more and continue this process over about 20-30 minutes (until the rice is cooked).
- When you think the rice is nearly done (looks nice and creamy) add your peas.
- Season well.
- You can add nutritional yeast, or cheese and butter if veggie.
- 120g= roughly 1 onion
- Use white wine.