( Serves 4)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Nettles (wild)* 250 grams/ml
- Onion 100 grams/ml
- Olive oil 15 grams/ml
- Butter 10 grams/ml
- Garlic 15 grams/ml
- Stock 15 grams/ml
- Lemon 80 grams/ml
- Pick wild nettles (use gloves).
- Rinse them thoroughly.
- Add a splash of olive oil and a small knob of butter (can use vegan alternative).
- Add one onion and sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- Add 3 thinly slice garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add your nettles and a litre of water with 2 tsp of veg stock.
- Boil until wilted, be careful not to over do them.
- Let cool, then place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back in the pan and squeeze one whole lemon and season heavily.
- leave for the flavours to mix then taste.
- Serve with bread and extra lemon.
- Gather a good looking amount of nettles, does not need to be precise.