No waste banana bread muffins
( Serves 6)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Plain flour 250 grams/ml
- Bananas 180 grams/ml
- Sugar (from sugar cane) 120 grams/ml
- Oat milk 80 grams/ml
- Rapeseed (Oil) 100 grams/ml
- Baking powder 10 grams/ml
- Vanilla extract 5 grams/ml
- Cocoa powder 15 grams/ml
- Almond extract 3 grams/ml
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
- Mash the bananas and then add the oil.
- Slice the banana skins into thin strip about 1-2 cm long and put to the side.
- Add your sugar, milk, oil and extracts to the bananas and whisk.
- Once smooth then add your sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Fold until well mixed.
- Add the banana skins bak in and gently fold them in.
- Place the mixture into cup cake holders or into a oil greased tin (if traditional).
- Cook for 40-45 minutes if making as a whole. If cooking like the pictures reduce the time to about 30 minutes
- 2 large bananas or 3 small ones.
- Half a tsp of almond extract and 1 tsp of vanilla.