Pea and butter bean soup
( Serves 4)
Cooking Time: 20
- Peas 300 grams/ml
- Lima/butter bean 240 grams/ml
- Onion 120 grams/ml
- Garlic 5 grams/ml
- Stock 15 grams/ml
- Olive oil 30 grams/ml
- Wheat bread and rolls 80 grams/ml
- Splash of oil in a large pan (about 2tbs).
- Add your onions and cook on a medium to low heat to sweat.
- After about 8 mins add the finely chopped garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and add the peas.
- Do not boil too aggressively or for too long- just till they are soft.
- Take off the heat, let cool down slightly and then blend the mixture.
- Pour back in the pan and put back on the heat and add the butter beans.
- Season to taste and top it off with a little drizzle of olive oil.