Pea and leek soup
( Serves 4)
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Leeks 240 grams/ml
- Green Peas 200 grams/ml
- Olive oil 30 grams/ml
- Garlic 5 grams/ml
- Stock 15 grams/ml
- Rye bread and rolls 40 grams/ml
- Chop your 2 leeks and add to a pot with olive oil (2tbsp).
- Cook for 10 minutes until soft and then add a garlic clove. Cook for another minute and then pour in 1 litre of stock (we use stock cubes to make this basic stock).
- Add the peas and leave to boil gently for 5-8 minutes. Add some seasoning.
- Take off the heat, let cool, then blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup back into the pot. Taste the soup to see if it needs extra seasoning (it probably will).
- Take off eat and cut some slices of brown bread to have with.
- The bread amount is about a slice each.