( Serves 4)
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Noodles 400 grams/ml
- Mushrooms 250 grams/ml
- Spring onions 50 grams/ml
- Garlic 15 grams/ml
- Soy sauce 115 grams/ml
- Hoisin 45 grams/ml
- Stock 10 grams/ml
- Ginger 15 grams/ml
- Sugar (from sugar cane) 30 grams/ml
- Corn flour/starch 30 grams/ml
- Rapeseed (Oil) 30 grams/ml
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl (soy, hoisin, ginger, sugar, make sure sugar is dissolved).
- Add part of your oil to a wok or pan, on a med- high heat. Throw on the chopped mushrooms when hot and remove when cooked.
- Add a bit more oil and chuck in the garlic and spring onions (for about a minute).
- Add your mushrooms back to the pan.
- Make your slurry with a stock cube and cornstarch and about 100 to 150ml of water and stir.
- Add the sauce to pan and the spring onion green tops.
- Cook the marinade for 30 seconds then add the the slurry and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles and toss to cover.
- We used udon noodles but others are fine.
- Use brown sugar not white.
- Julienne the spring onions.