Spicy lentil soup
( Serves 3)
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Lentils 150 grams/ml
- Celery 80 grams/ml
- Carrots 70 grams/ml
- 5 grams/ml
- Chilli powder 5 grams/ml
- Cumin powder 5 grams/ml
- Tomatoes 400 grams/ml
- Stock 10 grams/ml
- Olive oil 30 grams/ml
- Wheat bread and rolls 40 grams/ml
- Get your pot and put it onto a medium heat and add the oil.
- Chop up your onion, celery and carrot and add.
- Gently cook until softened.
- Add the spices, mix and cook for a minute.
- Pour in your tinned tomatoes and your stock (1litre).
- Leave to simmer until the lentils have softened and the liquid has reduced and thickened. Season to taste.
- 1 good stock cube to a litre of water.