Vegetable Shepherd’s pie
( Serves 6)
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Mushrooms 300 grams/ml
- Lentils 240 grams/ml
- Carrots 210 grams/ml
- Celery 160 grams/ml
- Potatoes 700 grams/ml
- Swede 300 grams/ml
- Garlic 5 grams/ml
- Wine 150 grams/ml
- Chickpeas 240 grams/ml
- Olive oil 30 grams/ml
- Margarine 30 grams/ml
- Onion 120 grams/ml
- Boil the swede and potatoes. Put the swede in about 10 minutes before you add the potatoes due to cooking time.
- Drain and add back to the pan, and leave for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbs of olive oil and the margarine and mash until smooth - season with salt and pepper.
- Get an ovenproof dish on a medium heat and add the rest of the olive oil.
- Add the onion, celery and carrots to the pan and soften. After 10 add the garlic for a minute.
- Next add roughly chopped mushrooms and cook down for another 10 minutes.
- Add the whole tins of lentils and chickpeas, juice included, with the option of a spoonful of marmite.
- Leave to simmer for a 5 minutes or until it has thickened. Season well.
- Season and taste.
- Spread the potato and swede on top and place under a grill until browned and crisped on top.