Yaki udon with chilli tofu
( Serves 2)
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Noodles 200 grams/ml
- Savoy cabbage 100 grams/ml
- Hoisin 30 grams/ml
- Soy sauce 105 grams/ml
- Mirin 30 grams/ml
- Rice wine vinegar 5 grams/ml
- Garlic 5 grams/ml
- Tofu 150 grams/ml
- Chilli (pepper) 10 grams/ml
- Sunflower (Oil) 15 grams/ml
- Sugar (from sugar cane) 30 grams/ml
- Get your firm tofu and dry and squash, if you want to make more firm
- Place on a tray, with oil and add to an oven at 180 fan (you can fry or coat in corn starch then fry or place in oven).
- Mix all the sauces, vinegar and sugar into a bowl and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Put your noodles in boiling water until cooked (follow pack instructions).
- Finely chop up the garlic and add to the pan of oil for 1 minute.
- Chop up your cabbage and put in the pan.
- Finely chop up the ginger and garlic and add to the pan for 1 minute then add the veg.
- Add the sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes (or until it thickens slightly).
- Then take off the heat and add the noodles and toss until all coated.
- Take out your tofu and season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over 2 tsp of chilli oil (or more if want)
- The chilli pepper ingredient should be chilli oil.